The most common question we get about email marketing is “When should we send our email?”. Of course this is the hardest question to answer, because it is different for each company. There is no one size fits all answer. Let’s look at a few things to consider when selecting the best time for your email.
- Who: Who is your audience? Are they local to your time zone or spread out all over? Are they working normal business hours in an office or do they work from home?
- What: What you are sending matters. Is it a newsletter or a coupon with a quick expiration date?
- Where: Where are people opening your emails? Are they on mobile devices or on desktops?
Now that you know this information, you can start testing emails with your list.
How should you test?
- Send Times: Send emails to your list at different times until you find a time that works best for you.
- Send Days: Send emails to test the best day of the week for your list.
You may find that you need to stagger your sends based on trends in your data. Grouping people into like segments helps you deliver the email at the optimal time for each segment. Really look through your email history to find trends you can take advantage of. The more you know, the better targeting you can do.
Questions? Call us in San Diego at 619-448-6111 or email [email protected]. We are glad to help!