The USPS is offering a 2% postage discount to presorted standard, nonprofit and presorted first class mail between March 1, 2013 and April 30, 2013. To be eligible for the discount there are two options.
Option 1: Mobile Coupon
- The mail piece must be a coupon that is redeemable in store.
- The discount is only offered to the mail piece recipient not general public and is a discount of the price of a product or service.
- The coupon must have one of the following mobile technologies:
- Mobile print technology on the mail piece that can be scanned or read by a mobile device linking to a mobile coupon that can be stored on the mobile device.
- A short number text message communication that triggers a SMS/EMS or MMS message with a one-time coupon. Texts that allow recipients to opt in to ongoing coupons are not eligible.
- An image with a digital watermark or utilizing intelligent print image recognition that can be scanned or read by a mobile device linking to a coupon that can be stored on the mobile device.
- The coupon must be redeemable by both methods listed below:
- The physical mail piece coupon can be presented at a retail store location to get the discount.
- The mobile technology allows the customer to store the coupon on the mobile device to be presented at the retail location for the discount.
Option 2: Click to Call
- The physical mail piece must contain mobile technology that can be scanned by a mobile device and allows one of the following:
- The barcode links directly to a mobile optimized website with a click to call link.
- When scanned, the barcode brings up a phone number automatically in the users phone.
- A link that leads the recipient to an IVR, live interaction or the ability to leave a message.
If you need any help with creating a compliant mail piece let us know. We offer mobile website creation with click to call, QR codes are more. Call 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help you!