6 Mobile Email Marketing Tips
In 2013 email marketing goes mobile. Are you designing your email campaigns for mobile? You should be. At the end of 2012, the email open rates on mobile devices were upwards of 35%, with a forecast of 50% by the end of 2013. What does this mean for you? If you are not designing your email campaigns for mobile devises you are missing out on an entire growing group of people. The focus for 2013 should be on mobile. The best way to drive more response is by reaching people where they are. In 2013 they are on their mobile devices.
Mobile Email Design Tips:
- Create a single column design. This will make scaling to smaller screens easier.
- Make sure to have a plain text version available.
- Include a summary at the top of your email for the recipient to easily see what the email is about.
- Use a grid design so that you maintain scalability.
- Write alternate text for all your images so that if they do not display correctly the recipient will still get the information.
- Include links to important information and make sure the landing pages are mobile friendly.
By making these design changes you will not be damaging the emails viewed on computers but you will vastly improve the email readability on mobile devices. This should increase your responses. Stay colorful and creative. Still, the best way to get an email opened is a compelling subject line.
If you have any questions call us 619-448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are glad to help!